HELP FOR COMMUNITY SUPPORT WORKERS
Including Social workers, Social Auxiliary Workers, Community Health & Rehabilitation Workers; Government support teams (LSPID), Local NGOs and Community-based Organisations.
Shonaquip produces a range of positioning and mobility devices, as well as wheelchair cushions and therapy equipment for use by both children and adults with mobility impairments. Discover our range by clicking link below or view our brochure here.
- Special Needs Wheelchairs for children
- Self-propel Wheelchairs
- Electric Wheelchairs
- Back Support
- Therapy Products
REFERRAL NETWORK & TRAINING
Our Social Services team is equipped to refer clients to Health, Education and Social services and acts as a referral network between clients, community workers, and various government and NGO services.
Join our referral network by introducing yourself and your services to our team. You are welcome to refer clients (and their families) who need any of the following:
- Assistive devices and related support services such as appointments and follow-up reviews
- Emotional and social support in overcoming disability related challenges/barriers
- Support in Grant-related matters including IDs & birth certificates
- Support to access the right to education and other learning opportunities
Take a look at our Training Page to find ways to develop your own skills or those of your team.
The Shonaquip Social Enterprise has created a Parent Network which is a digital (over WhatsApp) community where parents and caregivers of children with disabilities support one another by sharing their experiences & practical tips, across 9 South African provinces. We do this by ensuring that parents have access to information either through training sessions or by accessing information through networks of parents.
Parents who want to join our Network can contact Neliseka on 071 371 9103 or go here to find out a little more.
For specific psychosocial support please contact our social worker Nel Boshoff on 071 571 8900.
ORGANISE JOINT PROJECTS IN YOUR COMMUNITY
We work with a variety of international and local NGOs, Government departments and Private funders to implement impact-driven projects in remote and underserved communities. Contact us if you have ideas for a project in your community, province or country.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Why should I consider a mobility device from Shonaquip?
- How do I know if my child needs a Shonaquip device and which one is most suitable?
- My child cannot push a wheelchair. Is there any device that Shonaquip can recommend?